Friday, September 11, 2009

DIY MEMORY GAME

This one is for all you DIY Project warriors. I saw this idea on someone else's blog and totally high-jacked it! If it was your blog...thanks! Every now and then I like to get a little crafty but I too often get in over my head. This project, however, was so easy. It's a memory matching game for your kiddos (or yourself, whichever!). I love it because it's a quiet game. I'm so tired of the noisy toys! Anyone else? My 3 year old and I have been playing this all morning. He LOVES it! Score! Check it out! I made two. One for a boy and one for a girl.




What you will need:
16-square wooden pieces. Mine were 3"x3" (.39/ea at Roberts Crafts)
8-different scrapbook papers (2 squares from each paper)...perfect way to use up your scraps.
1-12x12 paper for the front in a plain pattern.
Mod Podge
Brush
paper cutter/scissors

How To:
Cut papers into 3x3 squares.
Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the wood.
Place paper on wood. Smooth out bubbles and press down edges.
Let dry and repeat on the other side.
Let it dry completely.
Sand edges for a smooth finish.
You can mod podge over the paper if you wish. I opted not to.
Start to finish: 30-45 minutes


Vwalla! There you have it. So fun and easy. They make great gifts too! Wrap a ribbon around it and give it to that no so crafty friend who would totally appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Shana! It has been a long time! I had no idea that you were a photographer. Your pictures are beautiful. Natalie's pics were beautiful! I love this idea and even looks simple enough for me! Thanks!

    Emily Nelson (NOLTE)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great Idea...I am so going to High Jack it...if you don't mind. Thanks for Sharing Shana

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute. i bet you could do a matching game with your photos of mom and baby or different family members. that would be a cute gift. and i also have the same paper. love it.

    ReplyDelete